Monday, September 26, 2011

Man Fast

Darling readers of mine,

Many of you know that I've been on a 'man fast' of sorts since last year. What some of you probably don't know however is that I have a journal that I've kept for my future husband. In high school my dear friend Andrea was always creative and would keep a journal for her long distance boyfriend at the time. I started mine January 3rd/2007. It's no where near as creative as she can be, nor close to being full, but I've used it in times of happiness and times of heart break. It was always an outlet.

Last October, 2010 I decided to start my man fast, and this is what I wrote in my book: Day one of this new idea is already difficult as my heart is broken. But it wasn't you. It wasn't right. And I believe you are out there. Same as me. Evolving, being molded into the man God has set a part for me. So, here is to heart-break and learning what we need to find in a forever partner! xo rs


I really can't believe I made a year. I was really determined, and I even wrote only a few days later in my book about how a friend automatically said she didn't think I could make it! So, here is to learning, growing, and changing. I did something not many people thought I could do, and I'm so happy for it.

My forever partner is out there. I know it.

Much love,

Ruthie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You did it!! Congratulations!!!!!!

Heather said...

You are pretty dang strong to do a whole year but I have alot of respect for you for doing that and I think it was smart of you:) I'm proud of you and always have your back (as long as you don't boss me around hahaha).