Friday, September 2, 2011

Fall is here!

Good Afternoon reading folk,

How are you? I've been sort of MIA lately, and I honestly have no excuse. I have (well had...) nothing but time, and today I've realized my leisure time has slipped away. School is starting in less than a week, and I could not be more leery. I wish I was excited to go back. I'm not really dreading it per say, but not looking forward to it either.

It's been such a crazy year, and I'm determined to make this upcoming one better than the last. Which in order to do that, I'm really going to have to get through this next school year with a better attitude. I think I've realized where a lot of my 'unhappiness' during school has come from: I'm not in the right program. I think I've always known this deep down. I'm sure I've even said this somewhere in a previous post. I've been really trying to figure out what it is that I want to do, and I think I've come up with the solution: Interior Design. NAIT offers a two year program which I currently don't have the right qualifications to get into the program as it stands. I will need to make sure that I take the courses that I'm lacking as electives at Concordia. I haven't told my dad yet... a part of me is terrified that he is going to be disappointed that I won't be as upscale of a career women. I honestly don't know what his reaction will be, I'm sure I am not giving the man enough credit. I just have to tell him and get it over with. The few that I have told that know me well, have all had the same reaction "that makes a lot of sense". And the more that I think about it, the more that it does make sense...it just feels...right. It's a weird thing to explain. The thought of it really excites me and terrifies me but I can just see myself in that field - and loving it. Which is ultimately what I've always wanted; a job that I love. And one that if I were to decide to become a mum someday, I could do part time or something.

So, with that explanation, I'm sure my lack of excitement in finishing my degree makes a little more sense. I am super against just dropping out of school half way through if you can't take your credits to something else. And I couldn't. I mean I could, but the program I want is a specific program, not a university degree. So, my plan is to finish my three year degree (this next year I am doing in three semesters not two however), and then apply for the program at NAIT. I'll be done school by 26 or something? But, oh well. Who knows what the future really holds, but I'm feeling pretty confident in my decision.

Three cheers to future plans, and thing to look forward to!

xoxoxo
Ruth Natasha

P.S: Enjoy this link, I am dying to do this someday to my room!
http://www.polliblog.com/2011/02/make-it-kitsch-stitch.html

1 comment:

applefreiter said...

Did you get that idea from the photos of the wedding I showed you? It would look totally awesome.

PS, when Joel and I eventually buy a house - you'll be the first person I'll call when it comes time to do some decorating.

Also, know anything about drapes/curtains? I'm beginning to loathe the blinds.....

PPS, Love you.