Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Just Ruth

Hey all,

One week left of my man-fast and I couldn't be any happier to just be and not have what's turned into somewhat of a crutch, be gone. I have had the strangest last three months of my fast.

Two different guys came into my life both of which I told I was on this fast and I wouldn't be making any decisions to date.

I suppose the truth is, the first one I never actually wanted to date. But who says no to an attractive Christian man who says they are willing to wait? Um... This girl does!

After that I got pretty down because well... My personality got attacked. And it has been over a month of figuring out the truth and standing firm that hey, this is me - Ruth. Take it or leave it. I'm learning, growing, and changing. And I'll never be perfect, but show me who is.

The second boy came along at the perfect time, my knight in shining armor if you will. But I couldn't date him. He seemed perfect, ideal, but I made a vow to myself to wait a year. And ultimately.... My gut told me I needed more time.

So I'm boy-less. Which I have been for yes one week less of a year, but yeah.

Really, this just proves to me that I'm one tough cookie. Maybe I've slipped up but I'm trying. And Ruth over a year ago would already have a boyfriend.

Love you all, thanks for always supporting me!!

Xoxo
Rutta


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: