Friday, May 11, 2012

Amazing Week!!

WOW!

That has to be the best way to describe this week. Simply, wow! I feel so incredibly blessed and favoured.

This week was my birthday. And for anyone who knows me better than an acquaintance knows that I LOVE my birthday! There is just something so magical about it! I get spoiled from love from my friends and family and it truly means the world to me.

Currently I’m working full time and going to school. I have a spring course that I attend every Monday and Wednesday nights from 6-9 pm. It’s super busy and it’s been difficult to do homework and read, especially since my boyfriend is finally back in town (we’ve been long distance for a while, and finally at last are together in person!). I took on this spring course on my own accord, knowing it would be difficult, and I have faced many tiring days and nights from trying to stay on top of everything. But this week. Goodness.

Not only have I been blessed with a job that fell into my lap, I also had an interview for the 4th year Psychology program at my university, and was accepted within 7 hours!

Let me share the story behind the job. Well, my current job is on a contract which ends June 29th of this year. I was starting to feel a bit worried that maybe I wasn’t going to find a job for the months of July and August like last summer but I’ve been super busy and honestly haven’t put much effort into searching job opportunities out. I honestly am a tiny bit picky on jobs, especially because my current job pays so well and is a Monday-Friday 8-4:30 set up. Anyways, my dad called me last week to tell me that the head admin of a church near our house had just called him asking if he knew of a university student that would be interested in covering her vacation for the months of July and August. My dad instantly said yes! Not only was he the first Pastor that she had called, he was also the last! Once she heard about me through my dad, she waited for my resume the next morning, and set up an interview. It was amazing how it worked out! It’s not amazing pay, and I do have to work Sunday mornings at their church, and therefore will not be able to attend mine for those 2 months, but I think it’s going to be a great experience. I will be able to learn a lot about how their church is run and be able to use that knowledge to help bless the small inner city church that I currently attend. I’m so excited that I won’t be missing any days this summer, I will literally stop at NAIT June 29th, and start this new job on July 3rd! Yay!!!

As for the program, I couldn’t be more excited! I will finish at Concordia with a 4 year Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Sociology! How fancy does that sound? Ha! Not sure exactly where this will lead me, but I believe God has been opening doors for me continually and I’m trusting him every step of the way!

Love you all,

Thanks for supporting me through thick and thin,

Xoxo
Ruthie

No comments: