Thursday, January 12, 2012

Precious moments

Good Morning followers,

I was having a conversation the other night with a new friend of mine about those moments of pure peace and happiness that make life feel so fulfilling, and what he called a possible reflection of heaven. I've been more aware of these moments since this conversation, even seeking them out. Who doesn't want complete peace and happiness?

I just had a moment such as this, even if it was brief, which prompted my suddenly urge to blog. I was just sitting on my bed, eating scrambled eggs and toast, sipping coffee, and listen to the amazing new album by Florence and the Machines - The Ceremonials. Have a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbN0nX61rIs&ob=av2e .

It was just a moment in the music, where the instruments built up and the vocals disappeared, and it just felt complete. I hope you can relate with me, because it's hard to explain moments like this. They just are. And they are amazing.

Try to think of moments like that in your life, even if it lasted for 3 seconds, where nothing mattered except that moment. Where it was pure and hopefully and made you feel like things were possible in your life that only 4 seconds prior were not. Life wouldn't be the same without these moments I believe. They are there to give hope for the future and for you to forget the worries and stress of your life.

Love you guys,

R

1 comment:

Paul said...

Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away. -- Hitch

Haha.

Seriously though I think those moments are to give you strength to face your life, not to forget the problems but to face them. That doesn't take anything away from the hope and peace that these moments may give.